Having too much hair can be bothering, especially to women. Unwanted hair can grow on different parts of the body which include the face, armpits, arms and legs. Having excessive hair can be embarrassing, especially when you are required to wear swimsuits or a formal gown. Although there are several options to effectively get rid of body hair like tweezing or waxing, these procedures can cause discomfort and also do not guarantee a permanent solution to unwanted hair problems. The good thing is because of today’s advanced technology, you can opt for a laser hair removal service London clinics offer. So if you are planning to undergo this type of procedure, here are some things that you need to know.
How does the procedure work?
Each year thousands of individuals choose to undergo aesthetic procedures like laser hair removal to help remove unwanted hair. The method requires laser beams to directly go through your follicles and pigment, which stops the growth of hair. Most procedures take thirty minutes to one hour to finish. Topical anaesthesia will be applied on the surface to make the process tolerable.
What are the common benefits of this procedure?
- Better skin. Most hairy parts can darken and look unattractive over time. Shaving and plucking make the problem worse. If you decide to undergo laser hair removal, you will notice that your skin will become smoother and flawless over time.
- Permanent solution. Unlike shaving, plucking and waxing, after which unwanted hair will grow back in a matter of weeks. Sometimes the hair becomes thicker and coarser, and it leaves you with no choice but to keep on removing it, which is tiresome and time-consuming. The good thing about laser treatment is that you only need to go through this procedure a few times and be hair-free for the rest of your life.
- Increased confidence. Getting rid of ugly and unwanted hair can significantly affect your self-esteem. You no longer have to wear long sleeves and pants all the time to hide your hairy body parts. Also, you do not have to worry about sweaty underarms that produce body odour.
What should you do before the procedure?
- Look for a licensed medical practitioner who can perform the hair removal procedure safely. Research his credentials and reputation to ensure that the process will turn out successfully.
- Allow your unwanted hair to grow for four to six weeks. The thicker your body hair is, the easier it is for your doctor to perform the procedure. The laser can easily remove unwanted body hair if the roots are intact.
- Do your best to stay away from direct sunlight to avoid any kinds of complications or side effects. If ever you need to go under the sun, do not forget to apply a generous amount of sunscreen to keep your skin protected from harmful UV rays.
Lastly, after your treatment, do not forget to apply a cold compress or take some medication for the pain or swelling. This should go away after one to two days.